Health & Wellness Officers...
Here's the good news
There’s a simple explanation for what’s going on. Your department is not alone. There’s nothing wrong with them. Their decision to put their health and family on the back burner (often unconsciously) is simply trying to solve a problem with the wrong tool.
Whether it’s an audience of 10 or 200, Dr. Donnie will deliver a transformative work-life balance experience. The 3-minute video gives you an overview of the program.
Work-Life Balance Transformation is a 3-hour workshop that can be delivered live or virtual. It will teach participants how to align their day-to-day behaviors with their priorities in life.
Dr. Donnie's proven 3-step plan:
Learning Objective #1:
Understand Current Reality
Participants will discover and document how their work-life imbalance has been affecting them, their spouse, children and team members at work.
Learning Objective #2
Create a Desired Future
Participants will discover and document their Desired Future - The goals and dreams they have for their personal self-care and their relationships at home and at work.
Learning Objective #3
Build a Transformation Plan
Participants will build, implement, and execute a personalized work-life balance plan. They will put details and action steps down on paper and leave the class with a tactical 30-day plan.
Workshops and Keynote Programs
Workshop: Work-Life Balance Transformation changes lives by teaching the participants how to align their day-to-day behaviors with their priorities in life. Participants create a tactical project plan to take home and begin implementing.
Keynote: Self-Care and Wellness: The Path to Work-Life Balance. Participants learn the oath they took to serve and protect their communities must include themselves and their families. They learn taking good care of their physical and mental health is the path to work-life balance.
Keynote: Success at Work and Home busts the myth and starts to tear down the old belief that you need to choose between work and home. The research says the better we manage our self-care, the more effective we are at work and home.
First Responders and Health Officers
What First Responders are Saying:
- Really made me think and made me want to start prioritizing the important things in life. I realize I need to act on things that I've been thinking about for a while now.
- Lots of value and lessons to take home and apply to everyday life. Highly recommended class. Thank You.
- This class was outstanding. It really makes you stop and think about life. Donnie is very easy to talk to and encouraged class participation which came easy with him.
- This lecture needs to stay in ALTS for life. It is a must and all members should be required to go through. Donnie speaks from the heart and has personal experiences. has a great concept. Keep it going.
- This has been one of the best classes I have ever taken at a union function. I've been to ALTS four times. Been union leadership for 12 years. Various and multiple conferences. This should be a required class for all members.
- A very interactive instructor that was focused on delivering what the group needed. Very well done. Thank you.
- Awesome lecture. Helped reflect on current life and need to make changes to rebalance life.
- Best session attended. Insightful and engaging.
- Great class! I will be looking into bring Donnie in to speak to our local.
- Great class, best of ALTS.
- Great class. This could benefit all firefighters to balance home and work life.
- Great class. This is a class that everyone needs, especially with the need with for firefighter mental health awareness and support.
- Great course. Very relevant information for the fire service.
- Great speaker! Learned a lot of useful information from this session that I can take back.
- In some cases, classes taught to firemen by people who are not in public safety is a waste of time... This Instructor connected with the group very well and gave very useful information and tools for life
- Listening to Donnie speak on his experiences with a work/life balance was very productive. I will be taking his points and knowledge home for both my membership and personal life.
Made a good connection between our high stress job and our particular issues.
One of the best presentations I've participated in!
Phenomenal session. Donnie was great, not only with presentation, but with student interaction. Class can go 3 hours, possibly 4. Will definitely seek additional guidance from him.
This class was very good. It really makes you stop and think about life! Donnie is very easy to talk to and encouraged class participation which came easy with him.
This topic is as important as the cancer and behavioral health. In fact it intertwined with those other topics. The instructor was great and his teaching style was very conducive to the topic and IAFF members.
Very interactive instructor that was focused on delivering what the group needed. Very well done
Amazing class. Every quality you need in a class
Wish I'd had the class years ago.
Really made me think and made me want to start prioritizing the important things in my life. I realize I need to act on things that I’ve been thinking about for a while now!.
Every new elected member needs to take this course. Great course and great material.
Great course! Very eye opening to me and the work I need to do to maintain a better WLB.
This workshop needs to stay at ALTS for life…it is a must and all members should be required to go through. Donnie speaks from the heart and has personal experiences.
The reflection exercises were very helpful and Donnie is an incredible speaker.
A very important topic that was beneficial to me and will benefit my local. This is definitely a high-value class.
This class opened my eyes that many of us around the country have very similar work-life balance struggles.
Lots of value and lessons to apply to everyday life. Thank for a great class.
What Health Officers and Captains are Saying:
"I learned a lot and I believe the others did today as well. I want to thank you for dedication to the fire service. I feel I’m on a better and quicker path to a healthier life with your teachings. I’m recommending we hire you for our Health Camp; Wellness Conference!"
Director of Operations
Ohio Association of Professional Fire Fighters